CHILD LABOR LAW - WORK PERMIT UPDATE 2017
2017 Wisconsin Act 11 was signed by Governor Walker yesterday and published today, June 22, 2017. The effective date of this law is June 23, 2017. The law removes the requirement that 16- and 17-year-old minors obtain work permits. This law also changes the terminology and refers to the "employment of minors" instead of child labor. What this means for you effective June 23, 2017:
- 16- and 17-year-old minors do NOT have to obtain a work permit prior to beginning work. You will no longer issue work permits for minors ages 16 or 17.
TAX COLLECTIONS: Per State Statute the City can only accept tax payments in the months of December and January. If you are paying on your tax bill all payments would go to the County Treasurer at:
Columbia County TreasurerP.O. #198Portage, WI 53901 - 0198
If you have questions about your tax bill - there is a FAQ's sheet on this page that may help answer your question. If you have other questions or need additional help, please don't hesitate to contact the Treasurer's office.
2016 NEWSLETTER: Please take a moment to read the newsletter - it was also in with your tax bill. It contains some valuable information for the upcoming year - new trash/recycling collection, James Street project, pool membership offers, Christmas tree pick up schedule and so on.
AQUATIC CENTER: Don't forget to get your pool memberships - contact the Recreation Department at (920)623-5936 for more information on types of memberships, swimming lessons, adult swims and rentals!
HOW DOES COLUMBUS COMPARE TO OTHERS AROUND US?
CITY OF COLUMBUS - 2017 ADOPTED BUDGET & TAX INFORMATION
- TAX PAID - ALPHA LISTING - THROUGH 02-07-17
- TAXES - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS 2016
- 2016 CITY NEWSLETTER
- 2016 Alphabetical Index with Taxes - City of Columbus
- Link to Columbia County Land Records to change Tax Bill Address (PDF)
- Property Owners Guide to Taxes and Assessments (PDF)
- 2017 ADOPTED - CITY OF COLUMBUS BUDGET - PART 1
- 2017 ADOPTED - CITY OF COLUMBUS BUDGET - PART 2
- Tax Information for Escrow Companies (PDF)
HELPFUL INFORMATION AND LINKS:
2016 SEWER UTILITY RATE STUDY
CITY OF COLUMBUS & SEWER UTILITY AUDIT DOCUMENTS
- Columbus, City Financial Statement Highlights 2015
- Columbus, City 2015 Financial Statement
- Columbus, Sewer Utility 2015 - Financial Highlights
- Columbus Sewer Utility - Financial Statements - Final - 2015
- 2014 CITY AUDIT - FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
- 2014 CITY OF COLUMBUS AUDIT
- 2014 SEWER AUDIT
- 2014 SEWER AUDIT - FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS